Monday, June 15, 2009

Logan's First Fish and Owen's Bump

I've been meaning to post this for a while, so some of my family may have already seen this, but a week or so ago, Dan took Logan to the Madison County Lake for some one on one time. To say that Logan was excited is a HUGE understatment. He laid out all his clothes the night before, laid out Dan's clothes, made a list of things they would need, and finished his Saturday jobs faster than he ever has! They rented a little boat at the lake and on his second reel (is that what it's called?) Logan caught his first fish.....a fair sized catfish! Dan brought along his camera and a video recorder and made a movie of the event. Hope you like it! Oh, and last night Lincoln hit Owen in the head with the metal bar from under his toddler bed. Don't even ask, cause I have no idea why. I heard the hit, (which sounded surprisingly like a gong) and ran to their bedroom right as Owen started to wail. I saw Lincoln stash the bar back under Owen's bed, then he ran to his and scurried under the covers. All I could get out of him were whimpers and whines when he saw the size of the bump he'd made on his screaming brothers head. It was one of those situations where I didn't even need to punish the kid because he felt soo bad when he saw the damage.
Suffice it to say, Owen got to come downstairs with me and eat a popsicle while I made sure he didn't have a concusion. It worked like medicine; he was back in bed and happy within an hour........Boys.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

7 comments:

Sandy said...

Congratulations Logan, You caught a BIG one. That picture is priceless.
Poor Owen!!:( Bless his heart!

Cari said...

Holy! That bump is huge. Poor guy. Glad it wasn't anything a popsicle couldn't fix

kg said...

Oh my goodness, that bump! Love the fish pictures, Logan looks like he's in heaven! What a fun day!

Davy said...

This may take a while. That was the greatest video I have ever seen. A mixture of laughing and crying as I sit here watching it over and over again. I've never wanted to go fishing so bad in al my life.

Logan has a southern accent!

Zippity do da, my oh my what a wonderful day. I was crying like a little baby.

Dan, as much crap as we give each other, that was the greatest fatherly thing I have ever seen.

Charlotte and Nate Braithwaite said...

I loved that video. Logan is such his own person. I loved the part at the end where he is singing aimlessly to himself, what a great memory. That bump is pretty huge, we would always do stuff like that when I was little. I remember hitting my brother with a vacuum hose, a bed post, and a big lever that went to my mom's sewing maching desk. I'm pretty sure all caused bleeding, so that is positive that it was only a bump right? And also, I would LOVE for you to take our picture! I am always telling Nate that I wished you lived closer so you could practice on us.

Theresa said...

Wow! Its funny to hear Dans voice, 1/2 canadian accent, 1/2 american. Logan is a southern boy for sure! That was an awesome fish catchin' video! I loved that he was sing' too! But I am pretty sure the best part is when Logan was coaching his daddy hook a cricket! OH my who knew Dan was so squeemish!! Thanks for sharing!

Erin said...

Nice goose egg! I hate when my kid gets hurt. Mother's day, Cyprus took a major spill into the corner of the wall and I ended up shaving off one of her eyebrows to put a butterfly bandage on it! She looked like she had been in battle.