Monday, August 04, 2014

Everyone's Gone!

Welp, it's happened. I am officially a mother with all her kids in school...all day. Wow. Time really creeps up on you sometimes. Even if it is something that's been anticipated for a while, when it finally arrives the waiting seems small and the future feels closer than ever. A little deep for the type of post I was planning to add today, but I'm still getting used to it here in this quiet house. I've not been able to have a straight thought of my own all summer it seems. They are all spilling out on me now.

Anyway, I only wanted to take a second and post a few pics from this morning. I had to take them quickly so we wouldn't miss the bus. But then the bus was slow, so I was able to take a few more down at the bus stop real quick.

The kids have been full of excited energy all weekend. They picked out their new outfits, filled their bags with school supplies, and popped out of bed happily this morning. (The only time this year where that is bound to happen!) We packed lunches, ate a quick breakfast, had a family prayer, then lined up for some pictures.

I rode the bus with the kids to make sure Ellie was okay with everything. I'm glad I did. Maybe the experience was more for me than her, because she was more than happy about saying good-bye. She looked so cute in her over-sized backpack and excited smile. Owen was our nervous boy today. He kept asking a lot of what-ifs.
"What is the bus forgets and leaves without Ellie?"
"What if I can't find my teacher?"
"What if I lose my lunch?"
"What if I don't know anyone in my class?"

I went back and forth between him and Ellie until they were both finally settled with their teachers. Ellie walked up the stairs with her class with happy wave. Owen, with a nervous smile. Linc and Logan made their own ways. Now I'm here, praying they are happy, confident and remember how much they are loved.

I guess that's enough for now. I have two hours till the bus drops them off, so I better finish up my work.  Here's the pics!

Ellie, first day of kindergarten!




Owen, first day of second grade.

Linc, first day of fourth grade.

Logan, first day of sixth grade (middle school!)



 Everyone!!

 
Everyone silly!


Down at the bus stop...










Ellie on the bus...


Ellie at the school...waiting for things to start.




Finally. 


"Bye, Mom."



And she's off!

No comments: