Tuesday, February 12, 2008

...boys will be boys.

Yesterday Linc had a slight accident that resulted in a trip to the emergency room to stitch up his bottom lip. It'd been one of those days, and think I subconsciously expected something to happen so I wasn't surprised at all when I saw the blood coming out of his mouth and knew it was a bad one. Logan, who happened to be the one to shove Lincoln, felt horrible that he had hurt his brother and that the doctor was going to hurt him again by stitching him up. It was tricky to balance taking care of Lincoln, and comforting a distraught Logan while making sure he understood that "this is why I've told you not to do that." Seeing Linc hurt was punishment enough for him though. I didn't feel like I had to say much.
Here are a few pics of the "Owie" after Dan spent three and a half hours with him in the "emergency" room. You don't want to see what it looked like before the hospital, trust me! (not that I had time to take any pictures, and I don't think Lincoln would have appreciated that anyway.)

The entire cut is from his nose to his chin, but not all of it is deep. It only took three stitches to fix him up.

This picture looks so much like Dan to me!


Linc's been so good about not touching it, and he'll have a cool scar we can tease Logan about when they're older.

5 comments:

Jonesy Rae Photography said...

What, and you didn't call to tell me about this? Whats up with that? I hate to see this little guy with stiches on that adorbale face. Give him a hug for me!

Bama Holcomb Family said...

So this is the story you told me to read today! LOL Boys will indeed be boys. I noticed everyone around is getting stitches for something. Does Ranoah having seizures get me out of that one???

Lisa said...

Ouch!! Glad he's being a trooper about it!

Dahnelle said...

We had our first stitches not too long ago. They are no fun at all. I actually wasn't the one to actually witness the stitching, thank heavens. Dave did that.

Lacey Freeman said...

Ouch! Luckily, Chase hasn't had stiches yet, but I am sure, as with most boys, it will happen one day. It looks like Lincoln was a pretty good trooper about it though!